"Health benefits of cabbage - let's take a look at this wonderful vegetables and see why we need to be having it more frequently with our meals."
Why should you be consuming more cabbage? I know cabbage isn't the most enticing food, you don't hear anyone say "ah I'm so excited to be having cabbage tonight!"
It is a source of Vitamins C, K and B6, as well as containing manganese, potassium and fiber. It is also very low in calories making an exactly diet food source.
Cabbage considered one of the worlds healthiest food. While both green and red cabbage are really good for you, we highly recommend red cabbage as it has a lovely flavor.
The good thing about cabbage is it is easy to incorporate into your diet, let's look at the benefits...
Cabbage is another great food and an amazing source of nutrition that is packed with all sorts of disease-fighting nutrients. It is also very easy to add cabbage to your salads, meals and juices!
The main nutritional benefits of Cabbage are:
1) As well as being rich in a number of the same agents as broccoli, cabbage is also enriched with indole-3-carbinol (I-3-C) which has been shown to help improve the body's ability to metabolise/regulate estrogen. This can be great for overall health and body recomposition.
2) As well as being very rich in Vitamin C cabbage is a great source of B Vitamins which are essential nutrients. This will boost your immune system and help keep it in check to fight off unwanted colds and flus.
3) Great source of antioxidants and red cabbage is even more prolific. Antioxidants are essential for your well being. We eat fruits and vegetable to clean our blood and get rid of any unwanted toxins.
4) Great source of soluble fiber, fiber-rich cabbage will help your digestive tract and keep you regular.
5) Keeps inflammation in check - cruciferous vegetables like cabbage are shown to reduce chronic inflammation in the human body. The antioxidants found in cabbage are great to help to reduce inflammation in the body.
6) May Lower Blood Pressure - Suffering from high blood pressure? Eat more cabbage! The potassium found in cabbage will assist in lower your blood pressure.
7) Keeps your heart Healthy - anthocyanins that are found in red cabbage are found to reduce the risk of heart disease recent studies have found. Chronic inflammation has shown to play a role in the development of heart disease and as we know cabbage is great at reducing inflammation.
8) Helps Lower Cholesterol - cabbage contains active ingredients that help reduce bad cholesterol levels in your body. Soluble fiber and phytosterols found in cabbage will reduce your bad cholesterol levels.
As you can see the health benefits of cabbage are endless and you should be consuming cabbage daily!
Nov 13, 18 08:33 AM
Great tips on how to Grow Kale right in your own garden.Kale is actually very easy to grow and its simple to incorporate more into your daily meals.
Nov 08, 18 08:53 AM
Kale Benefits - Let's look at the numerous health benefits this amazing green vegetable has. It will be clear to see why you should have this vegetable daily.
Nov 05, 18 08:47 AM
Are you looking for the Best Kale Recipes? The look no further here are some of my personal favorites which are easy-to-prepare and are super tasty!