Tomato Juice Nutrition

"Tomato Juice Nutrition - have a look at why you need to be having more tomato juice! Keep your health at optimum level with a good glass of tomato juice."

Tomatoes are rich with essential Vitamins, Minerals and Phytonutrient properties.

They also contain very powerful antioxidants - lycopene found in tomatoes is a powerful antioxidant. 

Tomato juice is relatively low in calories containing only 17 per 100 grams. You can add a good few in your vegetable juices and not have to worrying about the calories. (Oh Yes!)

Lets have a look at some of the nutrition facts of tomato juice! (Bottoms Up!)


Tomato Juice Nutrition

Tomatoes have a high water content (making them ideal for juicing) 95% water and the other 5% consists mainly of carbohydrates and fiber.

Per 100 grams tomatoes consist of 0.9g protein, 3.9g carbohydrates and 0.2g fats.

Carbs

Carbohydrates in tomatoes are made of simple sugars like fructose and glucose.

Fibre

Tomatoes are a great source of dietary fibre containing around 1.5 grams per medium sized tomatoes. 


Vitamins

  • Vitamin A                       
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E
  • Vitamin K
  • Thiamin
  • Riboflavin
  • Niacin
  • Vitamin B6
  • Folate
  • Pantothenic Acid
  • Choline

Amount

  • 1094 IU
  • 44.5 mg
  • 0.8 mg
  • 5.6 mcg
  • 0.1 mg
  • 0.1 mg
  • 1.6 mg
  • 0.3 mg
  • 48.6 mag
  • 0.6 mg
  • 16.5 mg
Tomato Juice Nutrition Benefits

Tomato Juice Nutrition - As you will see tomatoes are a really good source of Vitamin A, C and K.

Minerals 

  • Calcium
  • Iron
  • Magnesium
  • Phosphorus
  • Potassium
  • Sodium
  • Zinc
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Selenium

Amount

  • 24.3 mg
  • 1.0 mg
  • 26.7 mg
  • 43.7 mg
  • 556 mg
  • 654 mg
  • 0.4 mg
  • 0.1 mg
  • 0.2 mg
  • 0.7 mcg

Vitamin C - a key Vitamin to keep your immune system in check. One medium sized tomato provides 28% of your recommended daily intake. 

Vitamin K1 - great for your bone health and blood coagulation. 

Folate B9 - supporting cellular function and tissue growth.

Potassium - controls your blood pressure and great for disease prevention.


Plant Compounds found in tomatoes:

Naringenin - shown to decrease inflammation.

Chlorogenic Acid - can lower blood pressure and powerful antioxidants.

Lycopene - powerful antioxidant.

Beta-Carotene - another powerful antioxidant with numerous health benefits.

Im sure you will agree tomato juice is not only tasty but very good for you.

Have a look at the full list of Tomato Juice Benefits and see what this amazing fruit does for you.

Be sure to try some of these delicious Tomato Juice Recipes.


"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."


Return Links:

  1. Raw Food Living
  2.  ›
  3. Health Benefits of Juicing
  4.  ›
  5. Tomato Juice Nutrition

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

Recent Articles

  1. How to Make Grape Juice

    Feb 18, 18 11:44 AM

    Check out these tips and techniques on how to make grape juice. Making delicious fresh grape juice at home is really simple and effortless.

    Read More

  2. How to Juice Wheatgrass

    Feb 18, 18 08:48 AM

    Learn how to Juice Wheatgrass. Wheatgrass Juice is ideal for over health as it is packed full with key nutrients for your body. Delicious fresh wheatgrass juice is quick and easy to prepare.

    Read More

  3. Aloe Vera Juice Recipe

    Feb 17, 18 09:03 AM

    Check out these delicious Aloe Vera Juice Recipes. An Aloe Vera Juice Drink has numerous health benefits and can aid in weight loss.

    Read More